Click here to access the FAFSA application: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Where to Start Looking:
- Websites for multiple scholarships
- College that you are applying - declaring a major will open more opportunities
- Check also with Parent Employers to see if that company has scholarships
Wendy’s High School Heisman
Horatio Alger Scholarship
- National Scholarship that gives awards ranging from $6,000-$25,000
- Students may apply online Aug.1-Oct.25 at https://scholars.horatioalger.org/
- Full Time High School Senior planning to attend an college in the fall
- Demonstrate Financial Need ($55,000 or lower adusted gross family income)
- Involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Be a US Citizen
Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
College and Career Readiness Student Champion Scholarship
2019 Most Valuable Student Scholarship
- Deadline: November 15, 2018
- Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need.
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
Hagan Scholarship Foundation
- Deadline: November 15, 2018 at 5:00pm CST
- The Hagen Scholarship is a nationwise need-based merit scholarship, designed to provide each recipient with the oppurtunity to graduate college debt free. The intended recipient of a Hagen Scholarship is a high-achieving, self-motiviated student who will require financial assistance to attend college. Each award provides up to $6,000 each semester for up to 8 consecutive semesters and includes a $15,000 Schwab Investment Account and fully paid Study Abroad Award.
Real World Design Challenge Scholarship
Foot Locker Scholar Athletes
- Be entering college in the Fall of 2019 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree.
- Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win).
- Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director.
United States JCI Senate Scholarship
Carolyn Watson Opportunities Scholarship
- Deadline: 2/1/2019
- Must be resident of rural Oklahoma county.
- Must have GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Exceptional ability and excels beyond the local high school environment in one of the following areas must be demonstrated by the nominee: (1) arts and humanities, (2) science and engineering or (3) community leadership
The Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Through its Mentoring and Leadership Development Program, the Jackie Robinson Foundation provides scholarships of up to $30,000 over four years to minority high school students showing leadership potential and demonstrating financial need to attend an accredited 4-year college or university of their choice.
- To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the United States
- Show leadership potential
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service
- Present evidence of financial need
- Be a United States citizen
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21
- Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4–year College when applying for the scholarship.
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
Organization of Rural Oklahoma Scholarship
- Deadline: Submit to Mr. Calavan by February 20th for consideration. Deadline for entry to OROS: March 1, 2019
- Only one applicant’s scholarship submission may be chosen from each school
- See Mrs. Calavan for Application
NIADA Foundation Regional Scholarships
Payne County Pork Producers Association
- Deadline: TBA
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
- Must list activities, organizations, accomplishments, and leadership roles you are involved in related to the swine industry.
- Applications are available in the counseling office.
The Jimmie L. Dean Foundation Scholarship
- Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Up to $10,000
- First time applicants must be:
- A continuous resident of the state of Oklahoma for the past six (6) years,
- A graduate from an Oklahoma High School or have completed the Oklahoma High School requirements through Homeschool activities,
- Entering an accredited Oklahoma College, University or Technical school from the list on the application page on a full-time basis for the first time in the Fall of 2019 in pursuit of a 4 year undergraduate degree from the College or University or an appropriate degree from a Technical school such as Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology,
- Graduate students and less than full time students are NOT eligible for an award.